Welcome to SSU Diversity
Sonoma State University strives to create a campus climate in which the desire to build trust among people is widely shared, and opportunities for enhancing diversity and a sense of community are encouraged and supported. We stand committed to fostering and sustaining a pluralistic, inclusive environment that empowers all members of the campus community to achieve their highest potential without fear of prejudice or discrimination.
We encourage every member of our university community to embrace the underlying values of this vision, and to demonstrate a strong commitment to supporting, retaining, and attracting students, faculty, and staff who reflect the diversity of our larger society.
We strive to build an exemplary educational community characterized by:
- an intellectual environment that is both challenging and nurturing
- encouragement and support for curriculum and pedagogy dedicated to diversity issues
- a commitment to social justice and equality
- a respect for human diversity
- a genuine appreciation of how the many differences among us enrich a liberal arts and sciences university.
If you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us.
- For diversity-related questions for students, contact Mark Fabionar, firstname.lastname@example.org or 707 664-2710
- For questions regarding staff issues, contact Joyce Suzuki, email@example.com or 707 664-4470
- For faculty-related questions contact Melinda Barnard, firstname.lastname@example.org or 707 664-3236
Diversity Mapping Presentation
SSU Diversity Mapping Project: Findings and Recommendations by Dr. Rona Halualani, San Jose Sate University