After The Interview
Students should make each interview a learning experience. After the interview is over, students should ask themselves these questions:
1. How did the interview go?
2. Did I feel at ease with the interviewer after my initial nervousness?
3. Did I highlight how my experience and skills could meet his/her qualifications?
4. Did I ask questions which helped me clarify the job and show my interest and knowledge?
5. Did I take the opportunity to mention my strengths, show him/her what I had to offer to the job?
6. Was I positive and enthusiastic?
7. How did I make myself stand out?
8. What did I learn that I can apply to my next interview?
9. What points did I make that seemed to interest the interviewer?
10. Did I talk too much? Too little? Was I too aggressive; not aggressive enough?
11. How can I improve my next interview?
Do this after each interview-dont wait until the feelings have left. Take 7 minutes for 11 questions and you, too, will say thank heaven for 7-11.