Wilderness Welcome Program
What is the WWP?
The Wilderness Welcome Program is a group field-trip program for incoming freshman, organized through Sonoma State University's Campus Recreation Center. Trips are guided by experienced, emergency-certified leaders and offer a range of destinations. Included in the cost of the trip are gear, food, transportation, and guides. The Wilderness Welcome Program has been in operation since 2003. For more information, visit the FAQ page.
10 Reasons to go on the WWP:
- You'll make new friends.
- You'll be more likely to do well academically.
- It's a ridiculous amount of fun.
- It's relatively inexpensive for what you get.
- You'll see some amazing views.
- It makes you more competitive for a job.
- You'll gain outdoor skills.
- You'll gain leadership skills.
- You'll adapt better to college.
- It's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!
Sydney Reckas: WWP Programmer
Kevin Soleil: Adventure Programs Coordinator