Pool Policies & Procedures
The following policies and procedures have been set up to serve participants and ensure that Campus Recreation Swim (CRS) is safe and enjoyable environment.
The Sonoma State University Pool, during CRS hours, is for the use of Sonoma State University (SSU) currently enrolled students, extended education students, alumni, faculty and staff, emeritus and retirees, and family and sponsored guests of the University. Participants are asked to show a current SSU student ID or a current CRS membership card to be eligible to participate in CRS.
Participates are required to sign in at the pool for each use. At the time of sign-in, participants are asked to show a current SSU student ID or a current CRS membership card to be eligible to participate in CRS. This request is made to keep an accurate count of the number of participants.
Commercial swimsuits are to be worn by participants. Cut-off jeans and other makeshift suits will not be permitted.
Campus Recreation, the Sonoma State Student Union Corporation and Sonoma State University are not responsible for personal articles left in the Pool area during CRS. Free lockers are available through the Central Issue Room.
General Pool Policies
- Swimmers are not to enter the pool without a lifeguard on duty.
- No food or liquid will be permitted in the pool area. The only exception is water in a closed, plastic container. Glass containers of any kind are not allowed in the pool area.
- Please notify the lifeguard if you are a weak or beginning swimmer, prior to entering the pool.
- Please use the locker room showers to rinse off before getting into the pool.
- Pool equipment is available for check out. Please use equipment properly and return to proper place when finished.
- Profanity, abusive language, or flagrant behavior will not be tolerated at any time. Persistent use of such behavior will result in forfeiture of utilization privileges.
- When wet, exit the pool through the locker rooms. Only participants that have dried-off will be permitted to exit through the main entrance of the SSU pool.
- Utilizing starting blocks during CRS hours is not permitted.
- Diving boards will be made available for use at the discretion of the CRS lifeguards. Failure to request the permission of the CRS lifeguards before use of the diving boards may result in loss of CRS privileges.
- During high usage times, please share your swim lane with other swimmers and observe the following: slow lanes towards the shallow end of the pool. Fast lanes towards the deep end.
- For your own safety and the safety of others, obey the Lifeguards on duty.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please inform the lifeguards on duty.