Policies & Procedures
Eligible Users of Campus Rec Facilities
- Any student currently enrolled at Sonoma State University with a valid ID card is allowed to use the facility.
- Faculty/ Staff:
- Any current employee of Sonoma State University is eligible to purchase a membership to the Campus Recreation Facilities.
- Emeritus/ Retiree:
- Any former Sonoma State University employee having been honored with Emeritus status or officially designated, as a retired employee is eligible to become a member to the Campus Recreation Facilities. Those members who qualify as Emeritus or Retiree receive their membership at no cost.
- Any person who has graduated from Sonoma State University is eligible for purchase of a membership to the Campus Recreation Facilities.
- Extended Education Students:
- Any student currently enrolled in the Extended Education program at Sonoma State University is eligible to purchase a membership to the Campus Recreation Facilities.
- Lifelong Learning Education Members:
- Any current member of the lifelong learning program is eligible to purchase a membership to the Campus Recreation Facilities.
- Sponsored Members:
- Each current Campus Recreation member may sponsor one person to purchase membership in order to use CR facilities. The sponsored member must be at least sixteen years of age (members between sixteen and eighteen must be accompanied by sponsor at all times). *Sponsored members are NOT allowed to sponsor another member.
- Age Restrictions:
Those who are 15 years of age & under do not have access to any machines or weights in the Recreation Center. They may use Mckinley Gym, Mt. Everest Gym, Ping Pong, Air Hockey, and the Fooseball table. They must be accompanied by somebody who is 18 & older. Those who are 16 years of age and older have access to the entire facility.
Types of memberships:
- Recreation Center Only:
- Available to any eligible users. Allows the member to gain access to the Recreation Center during operational hours.
- Pool Only:
- Available to any eligible user. Allows the member to gain access to the pool during Campus Recreation swim hours.
- Rec / Pool:
- Allows members to use both facilities during operational hours.
- 10 Punch Pass:
- Any of eligible users can purchase a 10 punch pass to the Recreation Center or to the Pool. Punch Passes are valid for only 10 visits. They do not expire.
- Daily Passes/24-Hour Passes:
- Any eligible users that do not wish to purchase a yearly, semester, 30-day, or 15-day membership to the Recreation Facilities can purchase daily or 24-hour passes.
- Guest Passes:
Students and those with current memberships to the Recreation Center may sponsor guests at two separate occasions of their choice, per semester. Passes are good for a one-time entry. Guest must check-in at the front desk prior to entry. Sponsoring individuals are responsible for their guests.