The Mauna Loa Fitness Center was named by SSU students when the Recreation Center was built in 2004, to represent the strength and dominance of the Earth's largest and most active volcano.
We welcome all SSU Students and Campus Recreation members to use our facility. Our staff are happy to help you with introductions to any of the equipment in the Fitness Center.
Come visit Campus Recreation's Fitness Center and enjoy a friendly, relaxing, and comfortable workout experience!
Free Equipment Orientations
Visit the Fitness Center and sign up for a FREE 30 minute orientation!
- Learn how to properly use and set the circuit machines
- Learn about the services the Fitness Center has to offer
- Get information on how Campus Rec can help you create a custom workout plan
- Get comfortable in the Fitness Center
How to sign up
- Choose Upper Body, Lower Body, or Core circuit
- Write your name in the appointment book on any of the open 30 minute highlighted time slots
- Show up to the Fitness Center desk during your scheduled day and time