Starting a Club/Organization
Want to get involved, but none of the current clubs/organizations seem to fit your taste? No worries, you can start your own club or organization! Here's how:
- Visit CSLIS and talk with CSLIS about your new idea for a student organization.
- Recruit a minimum of 5 members (all must be SSU students).
- Find a faculty or staff advisor (Advisors must be SSU employees paid by the state of California).
- Establish officers - a president and a treasurer are necessary. These two individuals must be enrolled in a minimum of six (6) units as undergraduate students or three (3) units as graduate students and must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. In addition, they may not have earned more than 150 units or 125% of required units towards graduation, whichever is higher.
- The president and treasurer must attend a mandatory chartering meeting. Meetings are held at the beginning of every semester and at the end of the spring semester for students looking to start a new club/organization.
- Become familiar with the Requirements for and Responsibilities of Student Organizations.
- Complete all of the requirements, forms, online chartering process, and create a constitution for your organization. Submit materials by the deadline.