Student Government at Sonoma State is composed of 15 elected officers, including three executive officers, twelve Senators representing the five academic schools and seven areas of student interest. This group of student leaders is most commonly referred to as the Associated Students Senate.
Every spring semester, these officers are elected to their positions by their fellow students to serve as the office voice for all students at Sonoma State. In order to be eligible to run for office, you must meet the below requirements.
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA, no probation of any kind
- Completed 1 semester prior to election
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 semester units
- Applications must be completed by appropriate deadlines
- Must attend candidate orientations
- Must post appropriate bonds
- Must attend all mandatory meetings deemed by the Elections Commissioner
Election FormsSpring 2014 Election Voter Guide SSU Elections Code
Elections Info Packet
Candidate Expense Report