Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How can I get a club related expense reimbursed?
A. You can get reimbursed by submitting a completed Club Account Expenditure Voucher. These are located by the Front Desk of the Student Union and on the second floor by the ASI Business Office.
Included with these forms must be:
- The original receipt(s)/or Invoice, Invoice must be made out to Club of Sonoma State University.
- Proof of Payment; provide copy of card’s last four digits of card used to match last four digits on receipt if no name is on the receipt. A bank statement can also be provided to show the amount that it was deducted from the account.
- Proof of Event is any way that can prove that the event happened or is going to happen. Flyers, Facebook invites, Emails, Club Minutes etc.
- A 204 Form from the check payee/or vendor; available online on www.orgsync.com or at the Student Union where there are forms racks located throughout the building.
- A complete description of the expenditure (who, what, where, when, why)
- Signature(s) from the clubs authorized signers. Club trust forms are signed during the chartering process with C.S.L.I.S.
- If any of the things listed above are missing, your paperwork will not be accepted and will be returned to your club mailbox with a pink Club Communication Form attached.
Q. Can I be reimbursed if I don't have the original receipt?
A. No. The Associated Students will only give reimbursements with original receipts. Copies of receipts will not be accepted.
Q. How do I know who my Club Authorized Signers are?
A. Each club fills out a Club Trust Form when chartering or re-chartering. This is where clubs specify who is able to authorize Club Expenditure Vouchers. Club chartering is done at the CSLIS office. Contact CSLIS for more information on Club Authorized Signers.
Center for Student Leadership, Involvement, and Service (CSLIS)
CSLIS Student Assistants
Location: 1st Floor, Sonoma Student Union
Q. I turned in a Club Expenditure voucher a couple of weeks ago and I have not received a check. I checked my club mailbox, there was a Pink Form with my voucher and my paperwork attached. What is this?
A. A Pink Club Communication Form is a form used by the ASI Business Office to communicate with clubs. It is used when a club turns in a Club Expenditure Voucher without the supporting documentation. The appropriate box checked on the form indicates what information is needed. The Business Office may write in information to communicate with the club. The club should correct the paperwork and attach what is missing then return it to the Business Office.
Q. How can I check the status on my check?
A.The ASI Business Office has checks ready every Friday after 1pm. Checks can be picked up at the Student Union Information Desk. If your voucher was turned in on Monday before 5pm and there is no pink communication form in your club mailbox, the check will be ready for pick up the following Friday after 1pm. If it is not, you can Orgsync the ASI Business Office.
Q. When will my check be ready?
A. If a Club Voucher is turned in on Monday before 5pm, the check will be ready for pick up on the following Friday after 1pm at the Student Union Information Desk. Make sure to bring Student ID when picking up the check.
Q. How do I know when my check is ready to be picked up?
A. If you have an Orgsync account, you will receive a message from the ASI Business Office informing you that your check is ready. The ASI Business Office will also place the pink copy of the Expenditure voucher in your clubs mailbox. If the “Mail Check” box is checked, the check will be mailed to the Check Payee at the address provided on the voucher. We cannot mail checks to students who live on campus.
All Club vouchers that are not completed properly or do not have the proper backup will be returned to the Club’s mailbox located in the CSLIS Office. Please check your Club’s Mailbox weekly.