FALL SEMESTER INTERNSHIP
in the ART DEPARTMENT IMAGE COLLECTION
2 Units = 6 Hours per Week Scan and edit images. Learn how to use cataloging tools for recognizing, documenting, and finding images. Learn about art history while learning how to organize a large collection. Help photograph shows in the Art Gallery. Migrate Metadata. CHOOSE a cataloguing project on a specific period or artist(s).
Prerequisite: ARTH 160, 210, 211 or equivalent. Art majors preferred. Flexible hours. TO APPLY CONTACT Karen Kessel in the Image Collection, Art 107
Call 664-2145 or email at Karen.Kessel@sonoma.edu. Hours: 9 am - 5 pm Monday-Friday
- Get Involved! Healdsburg Center for the Arts has Opportunities for Interns and Volunteers Healdsburg Center for the Arts is a busy art center and invites artists and art lovers to join this bustling non-profit which brings community together through the arts. We have fun and interesting opportunities for interns and volunteers.
Volunteers make HCA work! We have openings for various volunteer tasks from gallery docent work to working at the Arts Festival.
A great experience for a young artist to learn the business of art.
Find these opportunities on our website’s volunteer page. www.healdsburgcenterforthearts.com/get-involved/volunteer
CONTACT: Vicky Kumpfer: email@example.com or 707.477.0568 Healdsburg Center for the Arts
130 Plaza Street
Healdsburg, CA 95448
- Instructional Student Assistant (ISA) for the Second Year Research and Creative Experience course (SYRCE) at Sonoma State University. Job tasks include: taking pictures of the class, the symposium, and others; organizing the videotaping of the end-of-semester symposium; creating a gallery for the course website; creating a poster for the symposium.
We are looking for someone familiar with Dream Weaver and website development, with experience with photography and video. We are seeking someone responsible, with good time-management skills, who works well alone and with a small group. Must be available at least some Tuesdays from 10-11:50 AM, when the class meets, and on December 15th, 2015 from 10 AM - 2 PM.
Up to an average of 5 hours with possibility to work overtime, and much schedule flexibility for website, photo processing/enhancing, and poster work.
The pay is $11.50 per hour, and we can arrange for unit credit through a form of internship, if necessary. Please contact Christine Renaudin if interested and for further information.
- Fun-Loving Artist Assistant
Painted Cellars - Santa Rosa, CA
Do you enjoy being creative and having fun with other people?
Are you a fun-loving, organized, hardworking, team player who is comfortable working in a class setting? Are you an outgoing individual who enjoys helping others? If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you!
Painted Cellars invites you to join our team in providing stellar customer service during our art classes. We are currently seeking an amazing art assistant to join our Sonoma County family!
- Studio B (based out of Sebastopol) is looking for local talent for a variety of projects. Any interested students should email B Fernandez <firstname.lastname@example.org> links to your work. Our studio occasionally needs: Graphic Design/Production * Web Design/Programming * Video/Editing * Animation / Info-graphics We do not have a full-time position - but build teams per project per client. I would love to use more local people when there's a good fit per project
- The Laguna Foundation is having a photography contest!
The Laguna Foundation invites entries for our special 25th Anniversary Photography Contest. Both beginner and experienced photographers are welcome to submit images to the juried exhibit: “A Photographic Journey through the Laguna de Santa Rosa.”
This exhibition will be on display in Heron Hall at the Laguna Environmental Center (900 Sanford Rd, Santa Rosa, CA) from September 4, 2015 - January 4, 2016. A public reception for the opening of the show will be held on September 26, 2015 from 3-5pm.
Deadline to enter: August 3, 2015 Prizes will be awarded in several categories. For details and to enter, please visit our website at: http://lagunafoundation.org/25Years.shtml#photocontest
- juried competition
click here for registration
LACDA 2015 "Top 40" Juried Competition
Curating Juror: Joanna Szupinska-Myers
Curator of Exhibitions
California Museum of Photography
- CALL FOR ARTISTS _ www.bedfordgallery.org/botanica
“Botanica: All Things Plant Life” Exhibition Dates: July 12 - September 6, 2015
Submission Deadline: May 8, 2015
Location: Bedford Gallery at the Lesher Center for the Arts, Walnut Creek, CA Jurors: Ken Harman, Director of Hashimoto Contemporary & Spoke Art, San Francisco. MacKenzie Stevens, Curatorial Assistant at the Hammer Museum, Los Angeles. $3,000 in cash awards, plus prizes
- The Imagine Bus Project (TIBP) is seeking experienced, dynamic, part-time Teaching Artists to teach in our Juvenile Hall program. We are looking to hire artists who have worked with under served populations of youth, have the ability to tailor curricula to meet the needs and abilities of students, and the site. The Teaching Artist will work in collaboration with on-site facility staff and the staff of The Imagine Bus Project, to determine and develop creative projects.
Salary: $30-40/hour and commensurate with education and experience.
- Healdsburg Center for the Arts (HCA) seeks a part time Gallery Manager 24 to 32 hours per week. Background in gallery management, museum work, or art instruction desirable. Hourly Rate range $18-$25 per hour, commensurate with experience.
- Now hiring for 1600 positions!! SSU students can join Galileo Camps at one of our 41 Bay Area locations or our 4 new ones SoCal. Check out our camps and positions at: http://www.galileo-camps.com/ We are the leaders in innovation education for youth. Our curriculum is called the Galileo Innovator's Approach (GIA). Due to our unique curriculum and structure we have opportunities for students from every major. Feel free to contact me with any questions about Galileo and the amazing positions we have for SSU students! I will be coming by offices to pass out flyers and schedule class presentations. I look forward to meeting more of the SSU staff, faculty, and students!
- Upper Division Painting Majors only - Hendrickson Scholarship Opportunity
stay tuned - more info. to follow
Public Art Opportunity – City of Petaluma, CA
Water Street Riverfront
Call for Artists / Request for Qualifications (rfq)
- Sebastopol Center for the Arts announces GALLERY EXHIBITIONS 2015 - Call for Entries
- Wide Open Studios makes Signal Fire's innovative wilderness excursions available to college students, emerging artists, and anyone else who wants an immersive, hands-on, transformative arts education.
- The de Young New Generations Student and Faculty Advisory
Committee invites college and university students studying
graphic design to submit image proposals for the next Student
Showcase postcard.This postcard will be distributed to local
colleges and universities to advertise the annual event, which will
be held at the de Young from April 24 to 26, 2015. A $100 cash
prize will be awarded to the creator of the chosen submission,
and the winner will be eligible to participate as an artist in the
- The City of Santa Rosa Recreation & Parks in conjunction with the National Arts Program is proud to announce the 12th Annual National Arts Program Exhibition and Competition in Santa Rosa.
SSU Community for Entrepreneurial Learning & Leadership (CELL)
Is planning a huge product showcase in April where artists, craftspeople, and entrepreneurs will be able to sell and showcase to the community. A great opportunity for Artists to sell their pieces and get their work seen by a huge audience. Attached is the event description and application for space.
Students can also go to this link:
- de Young NEW GENERATIONS STUDENT SHOWCASE Call for student artwork to be featured one weekend only at the de Young Museum on APRIL 11-13, 2014
EXPAND: invites college and university students to submit proposals of all forms of art inspired by artworks at the de Young.
Zephyr 2 0 1 4 - No Place Like Home
SUBMISSIONS DUE: Monday, April 7th
SSU Students: submit your art, prose, photography,music, & video. Email submissions to: email@example.com, or drop off hard copies to Rachel Carson Hall 44. A Hutchins School Production in collaboration with The 2014 Place Project
ATTENTION: SSU ART STUDENTS
CALL FOR ART – JURIED STUDENT EXHIBITION 2014
JURIED STUDENT EXHIBITION is open to SSU students working in all media. All entries must be original. You may submit up to 2 entries. $2.50 submission fee per piece. Entries for the annual JURIED STUDENT EXHIBITION will be taken in the University Art Gallery on Tuesday, January 21 & Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
Exhibition dates are January 30-February 23, 2014; opening reception: Thursday, January 30, 4-6.
For more information, come see Carla in the Art Gallery.
- The City of Santa Rosa Recreation & Parks in conjunction with the National Arts Program is proud to announce the 11th Annual National Arts Program Exhibition and Competition in Santa Rosa. For more information get the flier here.
- ARTstor is looking for a Library Relations Associate (K-12). The Library Relations Associate will share responsibility for expanding and supporting ARTstor Digital Library participation. More information on the attached flyer.
- CHOPS Teen Club in downtown Santa Rosa is looking for a part-time Artist & Youth Mentor. Check out the flyer for more information
- 2014 SCURF Journal Cover Design Contest. We are inviting any artistic individuals out there to submit cover designs that best represent the theme for this year, "IMPRINTS". The winner's artwork will serve as the cover for the 2014 SCURF Journal, as well have their artwork displayed across campus in the form of publicity for the event. As an added bonus the winner will also receive a $50 Starbucks Coffee gift card and a copy of the SCURF journal once made available.
- Are you in The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program? The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) on campus is looking to hire a Graphic Artist Student Assistant.
- Exhibitions Intern needed at diRosa, September 23 - November 2, 2013. Gain practical experience in the planning and installation of art exhibitions.
- Collections Management Intern. Work closely with various aspects of maintaining a permanent artwork collection, including physical inventory of the permanent collection, documenting artwork through photography and database management, and installation of exhibitions.
- The ARTISTS' Legacy Foundation (ALF)- in Oakland, CA is seeking two qualified candidtates for a short-term project to sort and compile a bibliographic report for a collection of wide-ranging books in its possession.