Arts Benicia is looking for a college age intern interested in working in the arts. Arts Benicia is a nonprofit visual arts organization, gallery, and arts education center in the heart of a large artists' community based in Benicia's Historic Arsenal District.
Arts Benicia is seeking interns to assist with nonprofit arts administration, public relations, gallery operations, exhibition installation, youth education and more. Learn about running a vibrant, nonprofit visual arts organization by assisting staff with administrative and program related tasks, working with artists and art educators, assisting with exhibition installation, and working independently on exciting programs, initiatives, and special projects.
Arts Benicia internships provide excellent resume building opportunities for college students. Gain hands-on work experience, an understanding of gallery operations, and develop foundational skills in arts administration.
Must commit to100 hours over a four month period and attend weekly planning meetings with staff and the Executive Director.
This internship is unpaid, but may be used for course credit. Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
- Win a one year State Park Pass, 2nd place $50 or 3rd $25.
The Olompali Peple Art Poster Contest deadline has been extend to May 14. Entries will be used to promote Olompali State Historic Park. It is free to enter. Anyone between the ages of 14 and 94 may enter through The Olompali People Facebook page.
SSU Community for Entrepreneurial Learning & Leadership (CELL)
Is planning a huge product showcase in April where artists, craftspeople, and entrepreneurs will be able to sell and showcase to the community. A great opportunity for Artists to sell their pieces and get their work seen by a huge audience. Attached is the event description and application for space.
Students can also go to this link:
- de Young NEW GENERATIONS STUDENT SHOWCASE Call for student artwork to be featured one weekend only at the de Young Museum on APRIL 11-13, 20124
EXPAND: invites college and university students to submit proposals of all forms of art inspired by artworks at the de Young.
Zephyr 2 0 1 4 - No Place Like Home
SUBMISSIONS DUE: Monday, April 7th
SSU Students: submit your art, prose, photography,music, & video. Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop off hard copies to Rachel Carson Hall 44. A Hutchins School Production in collaboration with The 2014 Place Project
ATTENTION: SSU ART STUDENTS
CALL FOR ART – JURIED STUDENT EXHIBITION 2014
JURIED STUDENT EXHIBITION is open to SSU students working in all media. All entries must be original. You may submit up to 2 entries. $2.50 submission fee per piece. Entries for the annual JURIED STUDENT EXHIBITION will be taken in the University Art Gallery on Tuesday, January 21 & Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
Exhibition dates are January 30-February 23, 2014; opening reception: Thursday, January 30, 4-6.
For more information, come see Carla in the Art Gallery.
- The City of Santa Rosa Recreation & Parks in conjunction with the National Arts Program is proud to announce the 11th Annual National Arts Program Exhibition and Competition in Santa Rosa. For more information get the flier here.
- ARTstor is looking for a Library Relations Associate (K-12). The Library Relations Associate will share responsibility for expanding and supporting ARTstor Digital Library participation. More information on the attached flyer.
- CHOPS Teen Club in downtown Santa Rosa is looking for a part-time Artist & Youth Mentor. Check out the flyer for more information
- 2014 SCURF Journal Cover Design Contest. We are inviting any artistic individuals out there to submit cover designs that best represent the theme for this year, "IMPRINTS". The winner's artwork will serve as the cover for the 2014 SCURF Journal, as well have their artwork displayed across campus in the form of publicity for the event. As an added bonus the winner will also receive a $50 Starbucks Coffee gift card and a copy of the SCURF journal once made available.
- Are you in The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program? The Center for Community Engagement (CCE) on campus is looking to hire a Graphic Artist Student Assistant.
- Exhibitions Intern needed at diRosa, September 23 - November 2, 2013. Gain practical experience in the planning and installation of art exhibitions.
- Collections Management Intern. Work closely with various aspects of maintaining a permanent artwork collection, including physical inventory of the permanent collection, documenting artwork through photography and database management, and installation of exhibitions.
- The ARTISTS' Legacy Foundation (ALF)- in Oakland, CA is seeking two qualified candidtates for a short-term project to sort and compile a bibliographic report for a collection of wide-ranging books in its possession.