STUDENT PEER ADVISING
Available to all enrolled students, undeclared and declared!
- LOCATION: Salazar Hall 1070
- OFFICE HOURS: Mo-Th, 9:00a-4:00p and Fr 9:00a-3:00p
- TELEPHONE: (707) 664-2730
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- SOCIAL MEDIA: @ssupeeradvisng
Our team provides the following peer-to-peer academic advising services
- How-to use your advising tools, e.g., Seawolf Scheduler, Academic Requirements Report (ARR), Transfer Credit Report, Degree Planner, What-if Reports, Assist.org, GE pattern, etc.
- Registration strategies and assistance
- Clarification of University requirements and policies
- How-to choose, declare, or change your major or minor
- Resume and cover-letter triage
- Exploring non-traditional major / career pathways
- Referals to professional acaedmic advisors and career advisors
- Lead group presentations and workshops on any of the above
- HOLDS: Do you have a hold? Will it prevent you from registering? How do you address it? Check here
- DON'T JUDGE A COURSE BY ITS TITLE! Before enrolling in a course, use the catalog to read the course description
- Bring your resume, cover-letter, and tentative availability for Fall 2017 to SALZ 1070 by May 5
- Applicants will be notified on May 11 if they've been selected as a finalist
- Finalists will meet with the Program Director the week of May 15-19 (finals week)
Tips of the month:
Interested in joining our team? We are hiring for the 2017-2018 AY!