Program Review Policy
The Sonoma State Program Review aims to maintain and strengthen Sonoma State's curriculum through a wide-ranging examination of its ideas and institutions. It is a process essential to long-term planning, resource allocation and other decision making within the university.
Some of the principles guiding this endeavor are the following:
- Program review is a process which offers a systematic analysis of the objectives and performance of an academic unit, an analysis based on both quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- The review process shall be considered interactive at all levels, with open, professional dialogue among all participants.
- Successful program review depends on faculty and academic staff's willingness to engage in a self-study process. The faculty of each department or program will design their own assessment approaches, reflecting the singularity of the discipline, department culture and its students' needs.
- Successful program review depends on adequate resources to engage in that review.
- Program review will be consistent with Sonoma State's Long-Range Academic Plan, CSU system policies, WASC Standards, and the standards of external accrediting bodies when relevant.