Emergency Preparedness Programs
To ensure the safety and continuity of operations at Sonoma State University, a number of programs have been designed to prepare the University for an emergency event and to educate staff, faculty and students as to what to do if they are on campus when an emergency occurs.
- Employee Training
- University-wide training for employees regarding their individual roles in an emergency and steps they can take to ensure their personal safety and the safety of property will begin soon.
- CERT Training (Community Emergency Response Team)
- Select individuals train in basic disaster response skills, including basic search and rescue, fire safety, first aid with an emphasis on team operations.
- First Aid/CPR Training
- Building Marshall Program
- Building Marshals are employees that have been designated in all SSU buildings to assist Police Services in the event of an emergency. Building marshals assist in evacuations and act as the liaison to Police Services after an emergency and during drills.
- SSU Emergency Response Plan
- The CSU Board of Trustees requires all campuses to prepare and implement an Emergency Response Plan consistent with state regulations. Currently, SSU is transitioning our current SEMS program (Standardized Emergency Management System) with the nationally utilized NIMS program (National Incident Management System). For more information on both systems, please visit the links.
For information on these programs or other emergency management information, please call 707-664-2143.